It's no secret that I call Luca "Bean". There is no real rhyme or reason, he's just my little Bean.....Beanie Boy, Beanie Baby, Angel Bean. But now my Angel Bean officially has wings.
I, like many moms have dealt with the frustrating early wake up calls of a child who has peed through their diaper. I'm sure I'd cry too if I was cold, wet, and smelled like pee. We all know that Luca is a beast. He's huge, and so is his bladder. I have been using these brilliant, disposable, inserts called Diaper Doublers for about two years now. They have saved me so much time, laundry and lost sleep. The only hassle is that the one store in our area that carries Diaper Doublers is BabiesRUs. Not only is BabiesRUs totally out of the way, but their customer service is right up there with WalMart, so I usually try to avoid going there. When I did make the trip, I'd always buy enough packages to last me a while. That was until, two days ago when I went to BabiesRUs and discovered that they are no longer carrying Diaper Doublers! I was so annoyed.
As I made long drive home, I started brainstorming. I came to the conclusion that a Diaper Double is basically a simplified maxi pad. Sooo, I stopped at that other dreadful store (WalMart), and bought some "Super" maxi pads "With Wings". I was very impressed with my clever substitution. That night I shared my brilliant plan with Brian. He wasn't as impressed with my stroke of genius as I was. He rolled his eyes and said, "OK, Whatever".
Tonight Brian was in charge of doing baths. As we watched the boys play in the loft before bed, Brian says, "hey, I don't see how the tampons or maxi pads, or whatever they are, are gonna work". When I defensively barked "WHY?!", he said, "Because they are too small. It's like an oversized chicklet". I said, "They just fold it up like that so it can fit discreetly into a chic's purse". He simply replied, "oooh". The tone of his voice prompted me to immediately go check Luca's diaper. Sure enough, Brian had placed the entire folded up maxi pad pouch inside Luca's diaper and sent him on his way. I'm talking paper strip, wrapper and all. I started laughing. I couldn't believe he did that. He said, "How would I know?! I'm a GUY!". To which I replied, "Would you leave the wrapper on a Kraft single when you put it on a burger?". Informed me that my analogy was terrible and not at all the same thing.
Husbands are silly - My son is wearing a maxi pad - My life is funny
Cherrie, I LOVE your stories!! This is awesome! Poor Luca! :)
ReplyDeleteMy brother works at Walmart, maybe he can get you a discount.
ReplyDeleteOh my, Cherrie. I'm seriously laughing out loud right now. Thanks! I love it!
ReplyDelete