Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back To School 2010

So, the festivities began with a "Back To School. Meet The Teacher Night". This year we decided to try putting both boys in the same class. Since we were so impressed with the progress Miles made in Mrs. Mary Carroll's class, we decided they would both be with her this year. Miles and Aidan have been beyond excited for school to start again. They scarfed down their dinner and rushed to put their shoes on. Miles really missed Mrs. Carroll this summer. Getting to see her has been all he can talk about lately.




We decided that I would take Miles and Aidan and Daddy would stay home with Luca and Maile. When we arrived at the school the boys couldn't get out of the van fast enough. As we approached the classroom door, Aidan rushed right in and said, "HI Mrs. Carroll! I'm Aidan!". He was so enthusiastic I thought his head might explode. Miles on the other hand hit the breaks and dug his heels into the ground before we could get through the doorway. He was red faced and bashful. After all of this non stop talk about seeing his beloved Mrs. Carroll, and know he won't even look at her. The boys immediately dove into the toys. I introduced them to a few other children and before long we were on our way. We held hands as we walked back to the car. Right as we approached the car, Aidan accidentally stepped off the edge of the curb. He was hysterical at the sight of his first bloody knee. I put him in his carseat and pull out a baby wipe. As I came towards him in attempt to clean his bloody knee, he shouted, "NO! NO! Mommy don't! Aidan said NO! Don't TOUCH ITTTT!". I tried to explain to him that I didn't want the blood to drip down his leg. Wiley eyed and with a crazy voice he said, "NO! Dat's enough young man! I said DON'T touch it!". Fearing that my little boy was very close to becoming a werewolf , I backed away and left his bloody knee alone. On the way home we stopped at the drive thru at McDonald's to get some ice cream cones. That night I overheard them singing 'The Wheels On The Bus' as they were lying in bed.



The next morning the boys sprang up bright and early. They were so excited to go to school. They got dressed and brushed their teeth. Aidan made sure that the spikes in hair were just right. After they ate their breakfast, they grabbed their backpacks and headed for the porch to wait for the school bus. I snapped a few pictures of them wearing their backpacks (which looked ridiculously big on their tiny little bodies). Before we knew it the bus was here and they were waving to me as they marched up the steps without so much as a moment of hesitation. Luca on the other hand was heartbroken that he couldn't go on the bus too. After we waved goodbye to the boys, I decided that I would take Luca bean out on a little date to cheer him up.


This is Luca hiding in the "jungle". I think was plotting an undercover mission to ride as a stow away on the school bus.




We hopped in the car and headed out to breakfast. Luca was feeling like pretty big stuff sitting in a grown up chair, using grown up sized utensils.



When the boys arrived home from preschool, Luca and I welcomed them with some special school bus cookies to celebrate the occasion. We sat at the kitchen table with our school bus cookies and milk and listened to Miles and Aidan give us the play by play of the first day of school. Such a sweet time. It makes my heart swell to think of all of the "first day of schools" to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment