Friday afternoon he started acting a little out of it. His nose started running with green boogies, his eyes were watery and he just kept staring off into space. I called the pediatrician and he told me to give him Mucinex. Is it just me, or does anyone else have kids that ONLY get sick on Friday evenings, when it's too late to get a same day appointment with the pediatrician! By the time dinner rolled around we knew we were in trouble. While wandering aimlessly around the kitchen, Luca randomly stopped, dropped face down on the hardwood floor...and just decided to lay there for awhile.
After a long night, I set my alarm to wake me up ten minutes before our pediatric group's after hours clinic was scheduled to open. I got him a 9am appointment. I loaded him in the car and carried him in to the doctor's office. I had to put him down to get the money for his co-pay out of my wallet. When I turned around to pick him up, I see that another family walked in after we did and my sick baby is now hugging their sick baby who appeared to have PINK EYE! Really life, REALLLY, are you frikin kidding me!
The nurse finally called his name. Luca is now 30 lbs. with clothes on. I told the nurse that Luca's bronchial condition was now likely compounded with pink eye, thanks to his waiting room rendezvous. She whispered, "don't worry I'm pretty sure that little girl was just having an allergic reaction. Luca should be safe". A few minutes later, the doctor confirmed that he does in fact, have bronchitis. He wrote him a prescription and sent us on our way.
Now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, that the other boys don't get it!
No comments:
Post a Comment