Aidan said that he needed to go potty. I opened the door for him and he quickly turned to me and said, "I need pwivacy Mom. Stay out there, okay?". I agreed and went back to making dinner. A few minutes pass by and I realized that the pint sized pottier is still in the bathroom. I walked over and opened the door to find Aidan standing on the backrest of his potty chair, naked from the waist down. He was leaning against the counter, looking at himself in the mirror. He had taken my hand soap dispenser and been pumping it into his little cupped hand. He then took his hand full of soap and applied it to the front of his hair. It appeared that had been doing this the entire time he was in the bathroom. My soap dispenser was half empty and the first two inches of his hair was bubbly. He looked up at me with excitement and said, "I doin my hair wiff jail". He thought that hand soap doubled as hair gel.
He learned a big lesson in the bathtub following his trip to the powder room salon. He hopped in the tub and immediately started splashing. The soap from his hair started run down his face and into his eyes. He started screaming. A little something from all of those years in the military must have stuck with Brian. He sprung into action like a strategic commando. He took his big giant Daddy hand and wrapped it around the base of Aidan's head and flung him backwards into the water. He lifted him back out of the water and Aidan said, "I feel bettah now. Sanks". Brian later told me that was the toddler version of water-boarding.
No comments:
Post a Comment