Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stompy the Bean



My little Luca bean is 14 months old and learning new ways of expressing himself everyday. I'm not sure that I like this, in more ways than one. It is a sign of his sweet, innocent babyhood coming to an end. I don't remember feeling this way with my big boys. I guess that was because by the time my big boys were this age, I was a big, giant pregnant lady ready to pop. In the haze of new baby exhaustion I was too busy to notice or lament over their transition out of babyhood.



This is the first time that I have ever-
A. Known what comes next (sassy pants, whine your butt off, push the boundaries toddlerhood).
B. Have had the time and perspective.
C. Not had another new baby in the wings to anticipate.

All of the firsts are momentous. That being said, not all of them are sweet kodak moments. For instance, yesterday Luca projectile vomited on his daddy. Without thinking Brian said, "Oh Shit!", to which Luca replied, "Shhhhit!" with a big googly, pukey smile on his face. Delightful!

He's got the defiant, flirtatious, head tilt/eye lash bat/grin move down pat. He loves to pull that one out every time he gets scolded for climbing up the back of the couch or standing in a window sill. He had already been marching around the house shaking his head like Stevie Wonder, chanting "no, no, no, no" for the past few months. Today he learned a tricky new skill - stomping his feet. He walked around all day today fake whining and stomping his feet, a dress rehearsal, if you will. He has now mastered the art of the whiny foot stomp. He seems to be quite pleased with the new layer of intensity that it brings to his tantrums.


Before I know it, he'll be feeding himself and refusing to let me rock him before bed. Then what!?.....a girlfriend, a tattoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment