Aidan seems to be the one. You know, the kid that comes up with the most hilarious, yet inappropriate things to say. Sometimes I just want to die of embarrassment, other times I could just kill him. Most days, I just try my best to hide my face while I laugh, as not to encourage his crude remarks. Here are a few gems from the past week.
1. All three of my boys seem to have picked up a stomach virus. Aidan was the last to catch it. On Wednesday I changed his diaper after his nap and said, "Oh Buddy. You have diarrhea too!". That was clearly a big mistake. He has been announcing that he has "dine-arena" a hundred times a day. He is quick to let everyone know that his brothers have "dine-arena" too.
2. Our neighbor's teen aged daughter came over to help me with the kids for a few hours, so that I could get some chores done. I was busy cooking eggs and waffles for the kids breakfast, so I sent Alex upstairs to get the big boys out of bed. I can't see them because I am around the corner in the kitchen, but I hear the pitter patter of little feet. I raised my voice and said, "Who's coming? Is that my big boys?". All of the sudden I hear Aidan walking down the stairs saying, "Mommy nakey? Is Mommy nakey in the kitchen?", over and over. I popped my head around the corner and said, "What!?". I swear I have no idea where that came from. I have never been naked in the kitchen. I tried to laugh it off, but inside I'm thinking, "Great! Now all my neighbors are gonna think that I am some crazy nudist!".
3. I took the kids to a new indoor playground called Family Time Place. Aidan seemed to be a little nervous to play with kids that he didn't know. He spent most of the time sitting next to me on a bench. I finally talked him into playing with Luca and another little girl who was probably just under two. He wasn't in the little playground five minutes before he stood up and grabbed the little girl by the waist. At first I thought he was trying to give her a hug, but noooo, not my kid. My kid grabs her shorts and diaper at the waistband, pulls them out and looks down her pants. He then announces at the top of his lungs, "She's stinky! She's got poop in there!".
4. Today I took Aidan with me to the grocery store. He is always my little shopping buddy. He always sits patiently in the cart with his cookie and greets the other shoppers as they pass by. Today however was different. Instead of saying things like, "Hi! I two!", he said things like, "Oh you stinky. You have dine-arena!" or "Uh-oh. You're sicky. You have stinky poo-poos!". I could have just died!
No comments:
Post a Comment