Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Death By Nose Boogie



So, today I took my three goofballs to the playground/park at the end of our cul-de-sac.  My two big boys had fun improvising, since the playground equipment was already too hot at 10:30am!  They ran up and down grassy hills, hid behind bushes, and fed leaves to the imaginary fish down the flood drain.  

Luca watched the fun being had from his stroller.  Finally he had enough of the spectator business and started yelling, "Out! Out!".  I unbuckled him and stood him up in the grass.  He stood still and watched his brothers for a while.  Eventually he remembered that his feet do actually work and toddled off after them.  Luca followed them up a grassy embankment.  The boys came charging down and Luca apprehensively toddled down after them.  That was until, his feet again forgot that they knew how to walk and he fell face first into the grassy hill.  I was standing about three steps away and rushed over to pick him up.  I put him on my hip and started brushing the little pieces of grass off of his shirt.  Then I saw it!  Perhaps today wasn't Luca's day, but it proved to be even worse for a little black ant.  When Luca fell on his cute little face, he managed to kill an ant too.  Not only did he smash the little ant with his face, but little dead ant was still on his face, stuck in a runny green nose boogie! Ewwwww!

As if that wasn't bad enough, my mommy instinct kicked in and without out giving it a second thought, I grabbed the end of my shirt and used it to wipe the ant and green nose boogie away! 

 





















This post is dedicated to the memory of the brave little black ant.  May 31, 2009-June 2, 2009

blackAnt_050430-2005.05.01-00.29.33.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This is REALLY life in the fast lane! Gotta be quick to catch those boogies, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete