Brian decided that he would be the one to clean out the fish bowl this weekend. Brian was up early on Saturday morning, so he decided to get it done before the kids woke up. He preferred to clean the bowl without the kids serving as human leg warmers. Unfortunately, all of this peace and quiet didn't help his concentration. He tipped the bowl to empty out half of the water, as directed by the Betta survival handbook. Numbers clearly saw this as his chance to silence the voices in his little anxious head and put an end to his stressful existence. He decided to seize the opportunity and jump. He jumped straight down the drain of the kitchen sink. Luckily for Numbers, Brian is trained in CPR....just kidding. But he did attempt a heroic search and rescue effort. He stuck his hand down the dark drain and slowly moved his hand around searching for the fish. He tried so hard to be careful. He didn't want to squish the fish with his hand, or press him against the blades of the garbage disposal. He finally rescued him from the drain. I am glad to say that Numbers will live to swim another day. He does still appear to have some PTSD, but I suppose I would too if I were him. Perhaps we will find him a support group.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Your Numbers UP!
So, anyone who has walked near our fish bowl, knows that Numbers Lonkar is a fish with an anxiety disorder. He is the jumpiest, most stressed out fish on the planet. I guess you can't blame him, one of his owners changes his identity regularly and the other still asks if he can hold him....poor fish. This weekend proved to be just enough to push him over the edge. LITERALLY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment