Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Aidan Day!


Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Aidan's legal adoption. We decided that from that day, until forever, July 3rd would always be, Aidan Day. It is a day to reflect, give thanks, and celebrate the gift of Aidan.

We woke him up by marching into his room shouting, "Happy Aidan Day!". He was very excited, even though he wasn't quite sure what he was excited about. He said, "Is Aidan Day? Yes, happy Aidan Day okay?!". First we took a family trip to Barnes&Noble and got a new children's book all about adoption. Then we took the kids out for frozen yogurt. Aidan had Carmel pecan with brownies crumbles. In his words, "MMM, sounds good. Dat's delicious! Tanks Mom!".




We finished up our day with a family Pizza Party! As I'm sure you know, anytime my boys eat pizza, they call it a pizza party, but this time they got to make their own pizzas. I took Aidan on a shopping trip to Safeway to pick out all of the toppings. He "drove" the shopping cart that is shaped like a car. He got a chocolate chip cookie from the lady in the bakery and told everyone we passed, "Happy Aidan Day!". Once we got home, I put all of our toppings into little bowls. I put a pizza crust in front of the boys and let them go to town. Aidan wanted a cheeseburger pizza. Miles wanted ketchup and ranch on his pizza, and nothing else. He settled for just ketchup aka pizza sauce. I finally talked him into a few other toppings when all was said and done. Aidan ended up with crumbled cheeseburger, mushrooms, and cheese. Miles ended up with mushrooms, leaves aka spinach, cheese and a little tomato. They eagerly watched their pizzas cook in the oven.

Aidan and Luca thought it was the best pizza that they had ever eaten. Miles was more interested in eating a tablespoon of ranch with a fork for the entire meal. But Aidan was very impressed with his culinary creation. He told me over and over, "This is fannnntastic" and "I did terrrific".




This is completely off topic, but is it just me, or does Luca remind anyone else of Jim Halpert from The Office? It's got to be the adorability factor.....and the hair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment