We got a sitter and went out on a few occasions, only to find that either the salesman was lying or the car they advertised online was not actually the same car on the lot. After countless hours of dealership head games and baby sitting fees, we were at our wits end. I found one last car and told Brian, that is was it. If we didn't buy this car, he was on his own. From here on out, he'd have to be the one to spend hours searching online. So, he agreed to go look at it, but not to pay for another day of babysitting.
I called the dealership, told them that we were coming with three small toddlers and weren't coming in unless they could give me the price I wanted for our trade in, have the car cleaned and ready to go and be ready to get down to business the moment I walked in the door. IF I decided to buy the car, I'd be paying in cash and they would have one hour and one hour only to make this happen. They agreed, so we loaded the kids in the van and headed over.
The kids were mesmerized by the dealership. The big boys couldn't get over the fact that there were cars - INSIDE! Luca couldn't get enough of the sound of his noisy voice echoing through the showroom. As the big boys touched and climbed in cars, Luca walked around squawking like a bird, just to hear himself echo. Luckily it was a weekday and the dealership was slow. Brian did his best to entertain the kids, while I sat down to go mano y mano with the salesguy.
We came to an agreement and were ready to sign paperwork. The boys were starting to get hungry and restless. I told the salesman that we were going to go get the kids something to eat and we'd be back. The guy immediately panicked, because as my husband told me, "in sales, time kills all deals". He assured us that they would have us out of there in 15 minutes. That time came and went and we still hadn't made any progress. So, we told the guy that we were going to take the kids to eat and we'd be back. We went to In-N-Out and when we returned to the dealership, the plan was that I'd go inside and sign papers and Brian would stay in the car and feed the kids, then we'd switch when it was his turn to sign.
It was taking forever, as car dealerships always do. I got a text message from Brian saying, "can you just sign things, I'm taking the kids home now!". I walked outside to see what was wrong and I find Brian standing next to my van with vomit covering his shirt, and smoke shooting out of his ears. He informed me that the big boys thought that it would be funny to have a screaming contest, which in turn caused Luca to start crying, gag, and finally puke all over himself, the carseat and his daddy. After talking Brian off the ledge, I sent him and the kids on their way and continued inside to finish paperwork. Brian had only been gone a few minutes when we realized that I couldn't finish the paperwork, because he bought the Sante Fe when we were just engaged, so it was only in his name. I knew Brian was already irritated, but now I had to call him and have him turn around and drive back, pukey shirt and all.
Brian reluctantly returned. I hopped in the car to take the kids home, and Brian stomped off into the dealership. As soon as I drove away, the kids started giving me a play by play account of why Luca was crying and why Daddy was mad. According to Aidan and Miles, it went a little something like this....
Aidan- Daddy not happy wif us
Miles- Aidan sceeming (screaming)
Aidan- No! Miles sceeming
Miles- Den Luca crying and frow'd up!
Aidan- Ya, he frow'd up. He puked.
Miles- Daddy say, "Dat's enough! No sceeming"
Aidan- Daddy say, "Dat's unacceptable!" "Dis ridickilous"
I almost had to pull over. I was trying so hard not to laugh. I couldn't believe my two year old just said, "that's unacceptable", and "this is ridiculous". But I knew they had to be pretty accurate. It is pretty hard to ruffle Brian's feathers, but you know he's realllly mad when he says, "This it unacceptable!". Luckily, that was all he said.
In the end Brian got his new car and Aidan expanded his vocabulary.
No comments:
Post a Comment